Recipe: Cheese and Herb Crostini Stars
This is a simple recipe for Herb and Cheese Crostini, a nice and easy job for your little assistant. These are delicious when made with crusty bread like a baguette or ciabatta, or make them really run by cutting shapes out of wholemeal bread.
Sliced wholemeal bread
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 small garlic clove, crushed (optional)
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut the stars out of the wholemeal bread, using a cookie cutter.
- Mix olive oil, parsley and garlic (if using it), in a small bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on each star and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Place the stars on the tray and grill them until golden